Thursday, October 18, 2012

I hate you Oregon but I love the Carlton dance

We drove on I-84 this past week and thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Idahoans realize their state has nothing to offer so the speed limit is 75. Makes flying through that state real easy. All is wonderful as we coast west to visit my sister. And then Oregon happens. Oregon via I-84 is as ugly as Idaho, yet the good people of Oregon don't know that and they make us follow a speed limit of 65. The state goes on forever. And I can't even pump my own gas? I wanted to hit my head against the dashboard multiple times. As soon as we got through Oregon, we did a happy dance.



2 Comments:

At October 18, 2012 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Terry Bytheway said...

You probably turned off I-84 before the best part. Driving through the gorge as you near Portland with Mt. Hood in the distance is one of my favorite stretches of freeway.

 
At October 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

Sorry I missed it. Well, not really. Being in a car with 5 kids for 15 hours makes me never want to ride in a car again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home