Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bye Bye

A new member of our payroll team from Seattle came to Provo this week to meet me and do some training. We started chatting about religion, politics, and lots of other things you are not supposed to talk about at work. After the topic of religion was brought up, she mentioned she was an atheist. I asked her, so what do you think happens after we die? Her response, "Bye Bye." Like, there's nothing else. It's all over. I was slightly shocked. Shocked that she could say it in jest, but also shocked that a person can be so happy in this life believing that this is all there is - and she's a very happy person.


I'm so glad I know that life doesn't end after death. It's also helpful to know how other people believe, as it builds my appreciation for the knowledge I have.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home