Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Beauty ain't no Geek


What I have to say, I must say carefully. Let me start with a poem to my dear Gina.

I love hot stuff, you're so sweet
Life with your is really neat
If you've had a bad day and need a treat
Give me some lotion and I'll rub you feet
So Gina has had a tough weekend scholastically speaking. I don't like to point out her faults, but I feel justified in light of the Beauty and the Geek premiere . Let me list 4 mishaps that caused us both to have a jolly good laugh. (And to realize that I have a shot at being the undisputed geek in this relationship)
1. On two occasions this weekend she told me to take a right, while pointing to the left with her left hand.
2. Sara asked Gina what P-L-A-C-E spelled and Gina said plaza. (might not seem like a big deal, but Gina won 87 spelling bees in the continental US and Europe)
3. Sara later asked Gina what word to use in an email and she told her to spell "brang: B-R-A-N-G" (commonly known as brought) which is not a word in the English language (although there are some dialects that will accept this usage)
4. Gina was trying to do math in her head and she determined that 25/3 = 7.50 (For those of you who are wondering what the real answer is, it's 8.33. )
Okay, so you are all thinking "Big deal", and so am I. We just both had some great laughs because this all happened within a 10 hour period. As I write this I am feeling more guilty with each word. But I am doing it for the greater good. For all of you who look at Gina and think she is perfect and without flaw, realize that she has made 4 mistakes in our 6 year marriage and they all happened within 10 hours. My next post will detail the 5 things I forgot to do on Friday.


4 Comments:

At September 23, 2007 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Gina said...

First of all, Ben, you might want to check your posts for spelling errors. Second of all, I did not tell Sara to write brang. She asked me how to spell it and I told her. I was preoccupied with something else at the time. I know, not much better than actually telling her to use it, but a little - don't you think. I have to make myself look a little better. As for the other things, yes, I guess I am definitely no geek.

 
At September 23, 2007 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Gina said...

Gina, you are perfect in every way. I'll have you know I posted that after midnight and no one should be held accountable for their spelling at that hour.

ben

 
At September 24, 2007 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Nimmy Mae said...

or what they post it seems...

 
At September 26, 2007 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Trista said...

Sounds like some good laughs to me--I especially like the "brang" one. Did ya'll see the article in the Ensign about humor? At least you can laugh at yourself, my dear sister. I recommend the article to everyone!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home