Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dinner with Dad


So when the old wife is gone and not able to cook dinner, some dads might worry. What to cook, what to cook?? Not me, see I am a dad who appreciates variety and nutrition. And, I'm all for making a pot roast with mash potatoes and gravy, and of course some homemade rolls, heck I do it all the time....But every now and then a kid needs variety. So last night I gave the kids what they wanted.



Hot dogs, cereal, and gatorade. Let me speak for a minute on the benefits of these menu items. Hot dogs are good. Cereal has whole grain. And gatorade has all a kid could ask for--it tastes great and it comes in different colors. I wasn't going to give the kids gatorade for dinner but Kamri was staring me in the eyes and it was almost as if she was trying to speak to me. I could hear her mind telling me "Rehydrate:Replenish:Refuel" so I pulled out the gatorade and she started shaking her head no (which means yes for her).



My kids wouldn't stop thanking me and let's just say I heard "Seconds, please" quite a few times.

4 Comments:

At May 8, 2008 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Gina said...

I do have to say they looked pretty happy when I got home.

 
At May 8, 2008 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Cassie L. said...

It doesn't have to be dinner with dad at my house for our kids to get that kind of meal!!

 
At May 9, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Misti Lee said...

pretty soon the kids are going to want Gina to leave every day and then what are you going to do?

 
At May 9, 2008 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Nimmy Mae said...

mom would be proud!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home