Thursday, October 11, 2007

Then why sue for money?

For those of you who did not catch the Today Show this morning, take a look at this gentleman in the picture above. He was recently kicked out of a restaurant for being in the ladies bathroom. He is now suing the restaurant. Is that ridiculous or what?? Well, it turns out that this man is not a man, he is a SHE. Nothing about this person gives off any feminine vibe. I was watching the TV this morning and it was mentioned that this mislabeling happens to him, I mean her, quite frequently. I wonder why. My real frustrations are that 1) she knows she dresses like a man, and expects everyone else in society to understand her situation and to accommodate her, and 2) when her lawyer was asked to respond to allegations that the restaurant claims this suit is just about the money, he said "This is not about the money".


Let me just clear something up for all the naive people out there who actually believe junk like that. When someone says, "It's not about the money", what they really are trying to say is "It is ALL about money. Sure there might be an underlying principle I want to fight, but I am in this think because I am greedy and want some dough" I am sick and tired of being part of this litigious society where there is no room for anyone to make a mistake. What happened to forgiveness? President Faust gave his talk on forgiveness for a reason. We all need a little more Amish in us. If someone does something to you, forgive. I don't care if someone spills hot coffee on you, or if the dry cleaner loses your pants, or if you intentionally dress like a man and people don't realize you are a woman. Have a little room in your heart to forgive because it shouldn't be all about the Benjamins baby.

6 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Tyler Bushman said...

I could not have said it better. Bravo on relating Pres Faust's talk too.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 11:07 AM , Blogger cameo said...

I totally agree with you...ironic considering where I work. And yes, she looks very much like a man...

 
At October 11, 2007 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Jeremy said...

Thats a man. I don't believe you!!!!

 
At October 15, 2007 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Trista said...

I would think you'd want it to be all about the Benjamins. :D

 
At October 15, 2007 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Trista said...

I've got a case better than that and a sad reflection of the society we live in. An emergency responder is suing a family because she broke her knee when she slipped on some water in their kitchen while responding to a call. The call--their two-year-old had fallen into the swimming pool. She was taken into the kitchen to be revived--hence the water. The child was unconscious long enough to be brain-damaged for the rest of her life. The emergency responder is getting workman's comp and other insurance, "But it's not enough". How does she/her lawyer sleep at night?

 
At October 16, 2007 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12784368/?GT1=10450

Check this latest sign of the times.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home