Monday, December 10, 2012

Four Foods That Save Lives

Everybody turns to food at times. Sometimes there is just nothing else to do, sometimes your body craves it, and sometimes it's just lying around. These are the four foods that I want close by in times of need.

1. KFC's cole slaw - Colonel Sanders got it right on this one. Cole slaw is one of those things that is hit or miss. Kentucky Fried Chicken's version is a definite hit.



2. Hershey's chocolate bar - Sometimes you just need chocolate, you know what I mean? My kids sang "Chocolate In My Stocking" for the school's concert last week, all about only needing chocolate for Christmas. I think I would be content with a Costco-sized box of Hershey's in my stocking.



3. Fluffernutter - I've talked about this delicious meal before on my blog. Check it out here. Yes, I realize I said meal, and perhaps it wouldn't be the healthiest thing in the world, but it sure is satisfying. This has become my midnight snack of choice over the last month. Add peanut butter and marshmallow fluff onto Grandma Sycamore's bread, and you have the comfort food of the century.



4. Chocolate Chip Cookies - My wife makes cookies that men have literally died for. That's right, I said literally. I might have the used the word incorrectly, but that's what I said. Her recipe is so good that I feel bad for people when they eat cookies made my someone else. I was sitting on my van pool last month, and a guy was eating a crunchy, thin, chocolate chip cookie and I felt like giving the man a hug and saying, "It's going to be ok." My wife's are soft and not airy and loaded with chocolate chips.


Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At December 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Gina said...

I might just have to make you some chocolate chip cookies.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

Please do!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Jeni said...

I'm thinking this post was just a ploy to get Gina to make you cookies.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

I'll let you know if it works! Actually, one of the many wonderful things about my wife is that she cooks them quite often. I never really have to ask, they are always there to surprise me.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Literally? There's that word again. I'm going to let you pass though, cause all I can think about is eating.

 
At December 11, 2012 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

Definitely not literally, but I love to use it out of context. :)

 
At December 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

yes:):)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home