Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Whole need not a Physician....


This post goes out to all you buff brethren at the gym who give me these Pharisean looks. The last couple times I have gone to Golds Gym a few people have given me these looks implying "Pa-shaw, you scronny punk, what are you doing here". I admit, my 6'3'', 145 lb does not measure up to you Herculian heroes, but if it weren't for your years of effort at the gym (and probably some performance enhancing substances) you would not be what you are today. That is why I am coming to the gym. I am sickly. I realize I look like an anorexic chicken, that's why I am maxing out on the bench @90 lbs, that's why I am busting my butt in the pool, that's why I am curling 20 lb bars. So please, save the look for the scronny kid who is not pumping iron. Oh, and I look forward to gawking at you in 6 months when I am twice your size and better looking too. As the new testament records:

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
(Matt. 9: 12)

3 Comments:

At August 12, 2007 at 10:03 PM , Blogger Nimmy Mae said...

While your lifting, pumping iron or whatever you think is necessary to somehow add to that less than manly physique of yours - try some spelling 101 MP3 downloads for starters - pay specific attention to the word SCRAWNY and the correct spelling. Nothing worse than a feeble attempt at humor with a misspelled word.... BTW - Nairne is lifting more than that :)

Your kind and loving brother-in-law,
Mike

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

Yeah,

I was reading it with Gina and we both looked at "scronny" and said, "That's not right".

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

Also, I can lift more than 90 lbs, but was trying to amplify that humor, but I am sure that Nairne could still lift more than I do.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home