Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wake up

Over the last few months I've learned a few things that have been sort of difficult to swallow. One is how corrupt and determined the big media networks are to push their agenda and publish their truth, while watching them systematically omit the real facts. I've been focusing on how they treat Ron Paul and it's interesting to track one story or person and see how the media time after time twists and contorts and fabricates so they can achieve their objectives.

The other frightening thing I've realized is that there are some very evil people in this world and they are right here at home next to us. I've been hit in the face with the reality of one of the important reasons we have the Book of Mormon. I've spent about 4 months really praying to have another confirmation of the truth of this book, and this past General Conference was a true answer to prayer as speaker after speaker testified of its truth and witnessed of its divine authenticity. My favorite talk was by Elder Callister and my favorite quote of his was "The Book of Mormon is either true or it isn't". For whatever reason, those words hit me hard and the Spirit testified to me that I knew it wasn't false, so I knew it was true. Since then my eyes have been opened further as to one of the important reasons we have the Book of Mormon. All growing up I remember hearing time after time the quote that "the Book of Mormon was written for our day". I'm beginning to see why, and I know there are various reasons, but one of them has to do with the topic of government, corruption, and secret combinations.

If we were to take a 30,000 foot view of the BOM and look at some themes we could pull some general storyl lines from it. We could say it is about prophets who followed the counsel of God and left everything to pursue a promised land. We could say that is talks about Christ's communications with his prophets and his gospel being established among the people. We could also say, and this is the one most pertinent to my rambling today, that the BOM is about 2 civilizations that let Satan introduce secret combinations among them with ultimately led to the overthrow of the government and the people's total destruction.

Now, if I were to ask you how many years you think this earth has left, what would you say? I asked my brother-in-law and he gave this world 39 more years until the second coming. One co-worker told me 15 years, another said in the year 2035. So, if our world were to hypothetically end in such a short period of time, why is it so hard for some people to believe that our government has started to walk down the slipper slope of greed, murder, lust, and corruption?

Check out what Moroni says in Ether chapter. He is talking about Akish and how Satan taught him of secret works and how to murder, plunder, and steal. He then says:


18 And it came to pass that they formed a secret combination, even as they of old; which combination is most abominable and wicked above all, in the sight of God;

 19 For the Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it, from the beginning of man.

 20 And now I, Moroni, do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people, and they are had among the Lamanites.

 21 And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking, and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.

 22 And whatsoever anation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them and yet he avenge them not.

 23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.

 24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.

 25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.

 26 Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have no power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may be persuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all righteousness and be saved.

After reading this I "woke up" a little bit and started to read a little more about the references to secret combinations in the Book of Mormon. There are many references, and the end goal is always the same - to infiltrate the government with these secrets plans.

This ends post 1 on the subject...please leave comments and questions. I will be writing more tonight.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Terry Bytheway said...

Misti is going to make you take that off you know. :-) I see pretty eye to eye on most of your beliefs. I see your point of view on the events of 9/11. I just can't go all in on that one. I also don't think that any of this is new. The government has had secret combinations for more years than I have been alive. I would probably lose my lunch if I were to hear a particle of what has gone on without the public's, or even the Presidents knowledge. The media has improved their craft over the years and it is frightening what they can accomplish. It's kind of like what you do to your kids and their hatred for the U. Your second youngest threw something red because I told her it said Utes on it. That's pretty much what the media has done to the US. I find it amazing how much people believe. Lambs to the slaughter.

 
At November 20, 2014 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Ben Arkell said...

I'm re-reading this comment about one of my kids throwing something because it is red, that's funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home