Thursday, January 3, 2008

Arkell and Lettermen reach agreement with WGA


Blogger Ben Arkell and Talk-show host David Letterman will return to work armed with their staff of comedy writers after their production company, Worldwide Pants Inc., reached an agreement with the leadership of the striking Writers Guild of America. After 2 months of misery for Arkell fans, the strike is finally over. Upon hearing the news, thousands of fans erupted in celebration and pure jubilee. "I feel like I have my life back now. I mean, I have the greatest husband in the world, but life without Arkell's blog was getting to be unbearable." said one Arkell fan, C. Bell. Another Arkell supporter Trina L. said "I've been so miserable and bored these last two months that I actually picked up my cell phone and starting texting-that's how bad things were." Arkell understands he might have lost some loyalty over the strike, but he said the principle was more important than his posting. "Sometimes you have to give up what you love to help others love what their giving up."

3 Comments:

At January 4, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Misti Lee said...

It is good to have you back. Now I want to see you sport a beard!

 
At January 7, 2008 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Terry Bytheway said...

Way to stand your ground. I'm sure writers everywhere appreciate your little tiny effort. :)

 
At January 8, 2008 at 5:00 PM , Blogger cameo said...

All I have to say is.....YEA!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home