Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sky Mall

I hate flying. Every time I step on a plane I think I am going to die. A few years ago I was meeting up with some friends in Washington D.C. and I had a panic attack the morning I was supposed to fly out. I was convinced the airplane was going to crash, but I went anyway.

When my ten-year old daughter was one, I had to fly back east for work training. As I was saying my goodbyes to her in her car seat, she looked up at me and said, "Daddy go boom-boom in the plane." Needless to say, that didn't do much to calm my nerves.

Thanks be to Sky Mall magazine for helping divert my focus from a fiery, frantic death, to travel neck pillows   and recording laser pens. Sky mall is easily the most boring magazine I've spent the most time looking at.

   

Each time I board a plane and become bored within 15 minutes, I reach for the Sky Mall, browse for a few minutes and think, does anyone actually buy this stuff? So, this is the reason for this post. There are always things we see and react with the thought, "Do people really do that?"

SO, the first person that can truthful prove to me they have made a purchase on Sky Mall I will send some sort of gift to. I'm not sure what, but maybe a gift card of sorts. Tell me item you purchased, why, and if possible, send me a picture of it.

In the meantime, feel free to browse these lovely items sure to be found in a Sky Mall magazine or on skymall.com. I bet you were hoping they had a website!







1 Comments:

At August 16, 2012 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Terry Bytheway said...

I love to fly. What's not to love? You are going to some far off destination. New and different things await you. You are strapped to a chair in an aluminum tube going 500 miles per hour 30,000 feet in the air! Holy crap! That's awesome! If I have a window seat I can't help but stare out the window even if all I see is farmland or nothingness in all directions. The whole experience is just fascinating. I love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home